Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:23:21 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update Users chapter of Handbook (request for review)

--neYutvxvOLaeuPCA

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 12:16:55AM -0700, Dima Dorfman wrote:

<snip>

Good idea.  I've got a couple of comments about the markup, but apart
from that, go ahead.

> +    <para>Disk quotas are a way for the system administrator to tell the
> +      filesystem the amount of disk space a user may use; moreover, they
> +      provide a way to quickly check on the disk usage of a user without
> +      having to calculate it every time.  Quotas are discussed in <link
> +      linkend=3D"quotas">their own section</link> of the <link
> +      linkend=3D"disks">Disks</link> chapter.</para>

    Quotas are discussed in <xref linkend=3D"quotas">.</para>

> +    <para>Login classes are defined in
> +      <filename>/etc/login.conf</filename>.  The precise semantics are
> +      beyond the scope of this section, but are described in detail in t=
he
> +      &man.login.conf.5; manual page.  It is sufficient to say that each
> +      user can is assigned to a login class (<literal>default</literal> =
by
> +      default), and that each login class has a set of login capabilities
> +      associated with it.  A login capability is a
> +      well-known identifier and <quote>value</quote> is an arbitrary str=
ing
> +      processed accordingly depending on the name.  Setting up login
> +      classes and capabilities is rather straight-forward, and is also
> +      described in &man.login.conf.5;.</para>

    A login capability is a=20
    <literal><replaceable>name</replaceable>=3D<replaceable>value</replacea=
ble></literal>
    pair, where <replaceable>name</replaceable> is a well-known
    identifier and <replaceable>value</replaceable> is an arbitrary string

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--neYutvxvOLaeuPCA

--neYutvxvOLaeuPCA--