Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 1995 10:50:13 -0500
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Slick-edit on FreeBSD - any takers?

As it happens, the marketing person for Slick-Edit (a popular
PC editor) comes to my house every thursday (we started a
piano quintet..., but I digress.)

Interestingly enough, she was telling me that Linux is now one of their
most popular operating systems.  I imagine a lot of DOS/Windows people
are moving to Linux...

Anyway, I put in a plug for FreeBSD.  She indicated that it was the position
of the company to port SlickEdit to any operating system where they had
a request.

Personally, I'm a 'vi' bigot from way back; but I thought it would be
good exposure for FreeBSD, etc... (You may notice they list Linux in
some of the SlickEdit adds in Dr. Dobbs, etc...)  So, I would like
a show of hands of people who would consider purchasing this, etc...

	- Dave Rivers -

p.s. The Linux port doesn't use X - they just hired someone to do that
     work for them...  So, the initial FreeBSD version would probably
     be curses, etc...

p.p.s.  Send me mail (ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com for now) and I'll try
     and tally this up.  However, I have 2400+ pieces of mail (it's a long
     story) so things might get lost.  If you *really* would like to see
     this, call the microEdge directly, at 1-800-934-EDIT (that's the Sales
     line) and let them know.