Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 12:00:00 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ugo Paternostro <paterno@dsi.UNIFI.IT>
To:        Johan Larsson <gozer@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, "David E. Cross" <dec@phoenix.its.rpi.edu>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: jdk1.1.5 and ICQ

On 21-Mar-98 Johan Larsson wrote about "RE: jdk1.1.5 and ICQ":
>> P.S.: try my port for ICQJava 0.981a. I sent a PR, but it has not been
>> commited
>
> And it probably want due to licensing terms.
>
>>From LICENSE.TXT:
> "You may not use this software on more than one computer or distribute
> this version of the software to any other third party."

So what? You know, English is not my mother tongue, and I'm not a lawyer :-),
but from what my eyes see I understand that you cannot install the program on
more than one computer (and this is definitely not a port issue) and that you
cannot distribute the tarball (and the port is marked restricted, so nobody
making a release will include it into the release itself).

Moreover, they state that you cannot install on more than one computer, but say
anything about using on 2, 3, 4 or one hundred computers. In any case I don't
think they would prevent you from using their software from more than one
computer, one a time.

Last but not least, they do not speak about multi user installation (that's
what the port does).

My apologies to the freebsd-java subscriptors for this O.T. Follow ups to
freebsd-ports or to private email. Tnx.

P.S.: the port will surely not be commited now, due to the port tree being
frozen for the 2.2.6 release.

>       Johan

Bye, UP