Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 20:25:28 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        b.horton@ukonline.co.uk (Benn Horton)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CDROM driver

As Benn Horton wrote:

(This belongs to -questions.  Redirected.)

> I have reconfigured the kernel to include the Mitsumi CDROM
> driver. It seems to allow me to use the cdrom but I'm not sure
> whether to use it though because I have an NEC CDR101 cdrom. Is
> there a driver out there for NEC or are NEC reselling Mitsumi
> cdroms?

Are you certain about the nature of your drive?  The Mitsumi driver is
for the really old FX-001 and FX-002 drives.  Most vendors ship ATAPI
drives these days, so are you sure it's not an ATAPI one you've got?

If it's ATAPI, your chances to get it running under a 2.2 system are
much better than under any 2.1.x system.

--
cheers, J"org