Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 1997 14:09:13 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   linux emu (2.2)

I'm trying to run a linux binary - took a simple one I thought,
took vim from linux and tried to start it. BTW, I understand
Linux ELF emulation is now in the kernel and the lkm
is only required for linux a.out emulation, right?

Anyway, what I got was:
$ ./vim
ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found
Abort trap
$

Any clues?

I admit that the machine I'm trying it out on presently is pulled up from
a minimum binary install so I might be missing some 2.2 essential.
(I copied /compat/linux over from another machine which was pre 2.2R)

--
Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de