Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 10:20:21 +0200
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>
Cc:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sound editor - is there some free available?

> =

> > Look for mxv, it is based on interviews and a pain to compile on
> > FreeBSD, I just went for the Linux binary after trying too long.
> =

> I did try to compile xwave-0.5alpha, got it compiled when commented out=

> all code using sound devices. So I have a binary showing the sound in a=

> window, I can clip and paste (?) it but I cannot hear nor save it...
> =

> I think someone with more experience with Linux/FreeBSD audio could qui=
te
> easy get it working. xwave-0.5alpha is ported to Linux and SGI (I think=
)
> =

I just tried, and got it to compile quite easily. Just change the
references to linux/soundcard.h to machine/soundcard.h.
And the references to endian.h to machine/endian.h

This gives you some trouble in "endian.h", just outdefine the definition
of u_int32_t and u_int16_t, and define ulong in "types.h" for FreeBSD.

It plays and records quite nicely, but the volume for recording
is way too low, although this might my microphone's fault.

Regards,
Marc.
time to do it properly right now, so I'll just describe what
to do.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology     =

Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65         =

fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl