Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:42:58 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Operador del sistema <operador@nietzsche.webcaribe.net>
To:        ouaaba khalid <calid@di.mbn.or.jp>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thank you everytime!

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, ouaaba khalid wrote:

> I have changed succefully the passwd of root!
> but the problem of this time is that I can't start any
> package or port, I mean I can't even start window manager

Remmenber that you sould *install* the packages before "run" then, that
is, if you want to run a windows manager, first:

#cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/<the wm you want>
#make
#make install

if you dont see any error, you now install it. Now run it. (in the case of
wm's, you should edit your $HOME/.xinitrc with something like "exec <your
wm bin>). You better look for documentation in freebsd.org,
freebsddiary.org or your window manager's website (eg, afterstep.org)

good luck,

WebCaribe: La presencia Web de la costa caribe
Departamento de sistemas
Calle 81 # 67 - 36 L2  Barranquilla - Colombia
Tel:5-3789671 3789167 http://www.webcaribe.net