Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2013 20:45:26 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Parv <parv@pair.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, "Pieper, Jeffrey E" <jeffrey.e.pieper@intel.com>, FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, "Hearn, James R" <james.r.hearn@intel.com>, "Vogel, Jack" <jack.vogel@intel.com>, "Ronciak, John" <john.ronciak@intel.com>, Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Intel 82574 issue reported on Slashdot

On 09/02/2013, at 20:42, Parv <parv@pair.com> wrote:
>> "Contact your motherboard manufacturer" is much more time
>> consuming than "Run sysctl... | grep foo | awk ..." to see if your
>> system is affected.
>=20
> Gift^WStraight from horse's mouth ...
>=20
>  http://blog.krisk.org/2013/02/packets-of-death.html

I've already read this.

>  http://www.kriskinc.com/intel-pod

I'd really rather a test which reads the EEPROM and tells me if it's a =
problem rather than hang the interface on a machine :)

In any case that isn't the point - this may be a "vendor issue" but it =
reflects poorly on Intel that they didn't take proper ownership of the =
issue. It would be far, far better for their image to say "some systems =
may have the fault, go to http://.... to find a way to test for your =
operating system".

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum