Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 01:55:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Font <font@Mcs.Net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another "wd0: interrupt timeout" message data point

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Font wrote:

> I've been getting the popular interrupt timeout messages, a la
>
> Dec 30 21:39:04 kibbeh /kernel: wd0: interrupt timeout:
> Dec 30 21:39:04 kibbeh /kernel: wd0: status 52<rdy,seekdone,index> error 0
> Dec 30 21:39:35 kibbeh /kernel: wd0: interrupt timeout:
> Dec 30 21:39:35 kibbeh /kernel: wd0: status 52<rdy,seekdone,index> error
> 1<no_dam>

New information on this one.  The drive was a Seagate ST36530a, and a
firmware update was available both from Seagate technical support as
well as from IBM's web site (machine was Intellistation M Pro).  This
machine is now unplagued by interrupt timeouts.

People in similar situations may wish to investigate whether a
firmware update is available for the drives in question.  Heck, I
didn't even know that one could update the firmware in EIDE drives.
Update utility required DOS bootup from floppy.

A bug in my MUA causes news.announce.newusers                            font
to be sent to beneficiaries and senders of UCE/SPAM.                        @
                                                                      mcs.net
Wishes are like dishes.