Date:      06 Aug 2003 11:09:13 -0400
From:      "Michael E. Mercer" <mmercer@nc.rr.com>
To:        SeventyForty <seventyForty@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: java nio stuff

This problem has been encountered already...
There is a logic problem in Sun's code.

A quick hack for FreeBSD is to just remove everything except the line
marked with >>>>>>.

in src/solaris/sun/nio/ch/DefaultSelectorProvider.java

public class DefaultSelectorProvider {

    /**
     * Prevent instantiation.
     */
    private DefaultSelectorProvider() { }

    /**
     * Returns the default SelectorProvider.
     */
    public static SelectorProvider create() {
	PrivilegedAction pa
	    = new GetPropertyAction("os.version");
	String result = (String) AccessController.doPrivileged(pa);
        String[] numbers = result.split("\\.", 0);
        if (numbers[1].compareTo("7") < 0)
        else
            return new sun.nio.ch.DevPollSelectorProvider();
    }

}

later
MeM