Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:06:02 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        re@FreeBSD.org, ia64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DP2 ports..

--==_Exmh_-745262486P

If memory serves me right, John Baldwin wrote:

> Can you give me an approximate timestamp of when you built DP2 so I
> can try and have the ports trees for alpha and sparc64 (and possibly
> ia64) match those of i386?  Right now the ports tree is hosed and
> can't get through a make readmes.  In hindsight we might should have
> tagged ports/.  Oh well.

The ports tree I used was based on ports.tar.gz from bento.
Ah, foo.  I was going to tell you to look in /var/portbuild/5/tarballs,
but it's gone from there.

Try bento:/a/bmah/5.0-DP2/ports.tgz.  That's the tarball that I put on
the i386 ISOs.  Marcel, you should be able to login to bento and grab
the file too, but if not, let me know and I'll put it somewhere more
accessible.

I built the 5.0-DP2 snapshots without port READMEs, but that was mainly
for performance.  I figure that if I'm going to overwrite the ports
tarball anyways, there's no point in generating the READMEs, which seem
to take forever.  So telling you a timestamp for my DP2 build is
probably not helpful.

Bruce.

PS.  I have this nagging feeling that I forgot to overwrite the ports
tarball for the FTP install directory.  :-(

--==_Exmh_-745262486P

--==_Exmh_-745262486P--