Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:41:32 -0500
From:      "Ryan Dewalt" <rdewalt@meridianksi.com>
To:        <mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   EZ Connect SMC 802.11B Card?

Running 5.2-RC, on a Dell Inspiron 5000, I've got a 3Com Cardbus 10/100 =
that works just fine, however, when I try my EZ Connect SMC Networks =
card, I get:

cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0x0
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=3D10, size=3D100
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=3D14, size=3D400
cardbus0: <network> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
cbb0: CardBus card activation failed

I have wlan,an,awi,wi,wl (basically all of the Wireless NIC cards =
section from GENERIC) compiled in.

Any suggestions?  Some Googling seems to show that the card might -not- =
be supported yet, it seems to be based on the ADM8211 chipset, and =
further googling shows that ADMtek does provide both a Linux driver, and =
source code. (http://www.admtek.com.tw/download/ADM8211.htm) Has anyone =
ported this to FreeBSD?

I would give it a try, however I will admit that porting this is far =
above my skill level.

Suggestions?  Thanks in advance,
-Ryan Dewalt