Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:13:35 -0500
From:      "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@avaya.com>
To:        'Jason DiCioccio' <Jason.DiCioccio@Epylon.com>, 'Sam Wun' <swun@eSec.com.au>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: racoon -> isakmpd

This isn't an answer to your specific question, but I've been able to get
racoon on FreeBSD 4.2-Beta working with a few other IPSec products I've been
evaluating.  The racoon log file can point you into the right area of the
config file which needs to change.  The log file of the other end can't hurt
either.

Make sure that you are using the latest racoon port (racoon-20001017b).  The
syntax has changed, the man page for racoon.conf updated (but the date of
the man page is the same <g>)  All the core dumps I had also went away.

A few things I remember:

I use anonymous for both remote and sainfo.  I haven't tried being specific
yet.

In your remote directive, make sure your dh_group mataches that of your
partner.  The log file will tell you what the other end is using and if
these match.

In your sainfo, comment out the pfs_group (or make sure it matches; again
from the log file).  Also, I had trouble with the sainfo lifetime byte and
lifetime time values.  The log complained that the other end sent values
where were not even close to what racoon was using.  Make them match.

Good luck,
MikeC

Michael C. Cambria              Avaya Inc.
                                    Former Enterprise Networks Group of
Lucent Technologies
   Voice: (978) 287 - 2807      300 Baker Avenue
     Fax: (978) 287 - 2810      Concord, Massachusetts 01742