Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:31:07 +0900 (KST)
From:      "Young M. Park" <ypark@adam.kaist.ac.kr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ypark@adam.kaist.ac.kr
Subject:   Communication between FreeBSD & Solaris

Hello folks,

I am experiencing awefully slow transmission rate (65KB/s) when
transfering files from a FreeBSD machine to UltraSparc 1 running solaris
7.

They are connected via Intel FastEthernet Switch Hub.  FreeBSD machine's
interface is fxp0(Intel 100Mbps Lan Card) and UltraSparc's is 10 Mbps LAN
card.

I am wondering what's the cause for this slow transmission rate.

Could it be the O/S? or different interfaces? or etc?

Thanks in advance.

- Young

PS: I am not on the maillling list, please put me in reply to field.