Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 12:16:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        Oli Kuemmel <bsd@gvs.dyn.bawue.de>
Cc:        Freebsd-Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CVSUP to 4.5-STABLE not 4.6-PRERELEASE

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Oli Kuemmel wrote:

> Does this mean tracking RELENG_4_5 leads to 4.6-RELEASE?

I track RELENG_4 (STABLE), which leads to:

4.5-STABLE
4.6-PRERELEASE
4.6-STABLE

PRERELASE is just another name for STABLE before an official release.  If
you're tracking RELENG_4_5 (is that RELEASE+bug/security fixes?) and not
STABLE (RELENG_4) then I'd expect you to follow a different version path.

Later,
-Mike

 safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin