Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:41:49 -0800
From:      David Muir Sharnoff <muir@idiom.com>
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Off-topic; was Re: Re: An ISP's Wishlist...

* Eyuck!  Although I'm not fond of Tom Christiansen, I refer you to his
* article ``C Shell Programming Considered Harmful.''  Look for it at

Sorry, I was just joking.  Before I switched to perl five years ago,
I did lots of csh programming.  I'm much more comfortable in csh than
sh, but I realize it's a very strange language.

One of my aliases even won a egregeous-use-of-a-utility award at a
previous Usenix.

Most folks don't know about :q quoting in csh.  That's why I put
the script in.

-Dave