Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:10:52 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   JBoss3 port update FYI

Hiya all,

Just an FYI to let you know that I've send-pr'd an update to the
JBoss3 port that brings it up to 3.2.3. The major change in the update
is that it now builds the port from source. This is in response to
reported problems with the port in running under a JDK1.3.X environment
(including Diablo).

The JBoss binaries from sourceforge.net are compiled with a JDK1.4+ JDK,
and are rumoured to cause problems when running under JDK1.3.X. By
building the binaries from source, I'm hoping that the problems will
go away; but I can't know this for sure unless someone tries to install
and start JBoss3 under a JDK1.3.X environment.

Could anyone out there using JDK1.3.1+ please try it out and let me
know if it works for you (once the PR has been committed and the CVSup
server updated).

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
                        "Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive."