Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:27:30 -0400
From:      "Michael R. Wayne" <wayne@staff.msen.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: quotactl issues [Solved]

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 08:15:49AM -0500, mark tinguely wrote:

> I tried to replicate the problem with DDB and QUOTA compiled into the kernel
> but could not.

Built a test system, ran a bunch of gdb sessions & found the problem.

Despite having this:

> grep quota /etc/rc.conf
enable_quotas="YES"     # turn on quotas on startup (or NO).
check_quotas="YES"      # Check quotas on startup (or NO).

Somehow quotas were off on the filesystem in question.

I would suggest the following change to the man page for quotactl:

[EINVAL]           Cmd or the command type is invalid.  Q_GETQUOTA
		   returns EINVAL if quotas are not currently
		   enabled for this filesystem.

/\/\ \/\/