Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:33:44 +1000
From:      Jacob Rhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>
To:        Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Jean-Paul van der Windt <jp@niagrow.com>
Subject:   Re: LILO

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:42, Philip Hallstrom wrote:
> > I think it's a disklabel(8) thing, but I don't have an extra box lyin=
> > around to test it on. disklabel is a powerful and dangerous thing ;-)
> I don't think it is... I've seen a couple of replies to this indicating
> that it'

I am not sure, but I am fairly certian, that the labels in the boot manag=
er=20
are displayed based on the partion type. So if its a freebsd partion type=
 it=20
says freebsd, fat32, it says DOS, if its XP I get ??. I assume that is=20
because that partion type is not entered into the boot manager code.=20

(Each 'partion type' has a unique identifier number, ie i think freebsd's=
 code=20
is 69 or something, its been a while since I looked at all that.)
=20
Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 9844 6102
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386