Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 1996 10:21:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Bill Harrison <bill@mis.ashrae.org>
Cc:        Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Router

On Sun, 7 Jul 1996, Bill Harrison wrote:

> Has anyone had success at using FreeBSD as a router  PPP to tcp/ip over ne200 car
> 10 baset ethernet LAN.
>
> I can get either function to work by itself.

I've got what I think you're asking for working.  We have an ethernet
segment, and have a dialup PPP link for Win95 machines to access the other
machines on the ethernet (and beyond, there's also a router to a T1).

The only difference is that we're using an SMC ethernet card.

Anyway, how have you got it configured so far concerning IP addresses,
routing, ARP, etc?  If you connect in with PPP, can you talk to that
machine, or nothing.  And can you still access other machines on the
ethernet from the gateway machine.  Oh, and have you turned on IP
forwarding?