Date:      Tue, 08 Jun 2004 09:52:31 +0200
From:      Nelis Lamprecht <nelis@8ball.co.za>
To:        "n3rdBoy ." <destroyingculture@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome problems

--=-givlig7Q+Vsbl6scbX4q

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 09:40, n3rdBoy . wrote:

>          When I am logged in as root X11 and gnome start fine when I type=
=20
> 'startx', when I am logged in as a normal user I type 'startx' and only X=
11=20
> starts. I have followed the instructions in the handbook and modified=20
> /root/.xsession. any help or direction to other resources would be great.
>=20

Hi!

Just copy your .xsession file for root into the home folder of the user
you want to use Gnome for or use gdm. Having said that there is a lot of
information regarding updating Gnome which you can find at
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/. It would be wise of you to check the
FAQ's at this site for important information.