Date:      Sat, 1 Dec 2001 21:25:20 -0600
From:      "Clarence Brown" <clabrown@granitepost.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help! Postfix Port w/ SASL AUTH support.

From: "Paul Blazejowski" <paulb@blazebox.homeip.net>

> On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:46:09 -0600, Clarence Brown wrote:
>

> >  When I do this, Postfix does respond with
> >  several 250- strings, however I do NOT get
> >  the 250-AUTH string back.
> >
> >  Can anybody help me get Postfix and SASL
> >  working from the ports?
> >

> Hi,
>
> There's few steps that need to be taken...first create (if you not have
> already) a file called smtp.conf in /usr/local/lib/sasl/ cantaining the
sasl
> AUTH method that postfix will use...eg. pwcheck_method: sasldb.Next you
will
> need to make postfix aware of SASL.Open main.cf with your favorite editor
and
> enable sasl, eg. smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
>
> For more options see sample-auth.cf in postfix directory...once that done
> reload postfix and try telneting to port 25,after EHLO you should see the
AUTH
> line with list of supported mechanisms...Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul B.

Is the file supposed to be smtp.conf, like you wrote above, or smtpd.conf,
which I thought I saw in a howto like document.

I have created the file /usr/local/lib/sasl/smtpd.conf and it contains the
line:
pwcheck_method: pwcheck

In main.cf have added the line:
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

This is the configuration I have, and it doesn't issue the 250-AUTH line.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Cla.