Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:49:01 -0700
From:      "Derek Jewett" <djewett@snowcrest.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FTP authentication -

Sorry if this is duplicate, I sent the last message out formatted.. sorry

Running 3.1-R I am still getting a strange dilema every once in a while...
Happened last night; When a user hits my FBSD box to do an ftp session the
machine takes like some three or four minutes to authenticate the user.. The
same thing happens when you try to do a telnet session as well.. and then
after some time passes the problem goes away and it operates as normal. This
box is mission critical as daily and nightly file transfers happen on a
normal basis.. Anyone got any ideas as to what may be causing these mystry
slow downs