Date:      Mon, 08 Jun 1998 23:22:15 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        djv@bedford.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Did I screw up? Installing FreeBSD and cylinder boundaries.

In message <199806090158.VAA29062@lucy.bedford.net>, you wrote:

>Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
>> This all happened yesterday.  Today, I am still rather sleep-deprived, and
>> now, on top of that I get to also feel both guilty and stupid.  Swell.  Did
>> I really deserve all this?
>
>No. It's possible that the install was screwed up, but not for that reason,
>I think.  Try it again after a nap, and walk through the installation,

Thanks.  That is what I would do, but now I am back home, three hours away
(by car) from the system in question, so I'll have to let my friend re-do
the install for me.

>taking defaults along the way. The concept "cylinder boundary" is a little
>vague with respect to most modern drives.

Yea...  I thought so... especially when it comes to SCSI, which is what I have.

>If I'm wrong, I hope somebody tells me quick.

Ditto.

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, California ---------- E-Scrub Technologies, Inc.
-- Deadbolt(tm) Personal E-Mail Filter demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/deadbolt/
-- Wpoison (web harvester poisoning) - demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/wpoison/