Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 19:54:08 -0700
From:      "kim" <kbauer@hidesert.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   installation

while reading the manual and going through various possibilities,the manual
states
that it is posible to install freebsd to the /sbin/init file to obtain a
install on a drive
and not have to repartition drive by using the mfs dir.option to load bsd
to /c: on c:
and basically have a diskless operation on the local drive from the
explanition of the
handbook.will this work with the downloaded boot image which i have already
converted to a boot disk and how do i load the bsd files to above named
files(sbin/init) which i
understand are special cases of the same types of normal files(bin/init)
used by bsd(unix?).is this a option in the installation menu or will this
cause the intial files
of the master boot record to be written to my disk and overwrite my dos
drive files,
i am running win95 and the manual or somewhere stated that the first 1 meg
of the hard drive was open or unwritten and bsd would write to this area
,locking up my drive
and preventing the master boot record for dos from running and so on.if
this makes any sense . thank you. email thxk1@juno.com