Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2003 18:27:54 +0000
From:      Vincent Jardin <vjardin@wanadoo.fr>
To:        Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter@jawa.at>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [mpd] radius and dynamic bundles

On Monday 03 March 2003 09:46, Michael Bretterklieber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Vincent Jardin schrieb:
> > 1/ When Radius is used with mpd and the answer delay of the Radius se=
rver
> > is high, how can some PAP or CHAP timeout be avoided ?
>
> you mean, that the client times out during authentication saying that
> the server didn't responded?

Yes, that the main problem that happens sometimes.

> A known issue is that mpd is blocked during RADIUS requests, the
> solution will be to change from rad_send_request(); to
> rad_init_send_request() and rad_continue_send_request(); to avoid
> blocking of mpd.
>
> I have this on my todo-list, but atm it has low prio.

It does not look to be simple because the whole PAP and CHAP authenticati=
on=20
are processed by PapInput() and ChapInput() that call RadiusPAPAuthentica=
te()=20
and RadiusCHAPAuthenticate(). It is a synchronous call. In order to use=20
rad_init_send_request()  and rad_continue_send_request(), PapInput() and=20
ChapInput() need to be splitted, doesn't they ?

Thanks,
  Vincent