Date:      Sun, 25 May 2014 12:11:15 +0800
From:      "bycn82" <bycn82@gmail.com>
To:        "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro@freebsd.org>, "Luigi Rizzo" <luigi@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: a defect in ipfw dummynet

Ok, anyway, ignore it. :)

=20

From: bycn82 [mailto:bycn82@gmail.com]=20
Sent: 25 May, 2014 1:09
To: Alexander V. Chernikov; Luigi Rizzo
Cc: FreeBSD Net

=20

Hi ,

After I think it twice, I think the code and the document are OK, But =
the problem is from the examples/document on the internet,  Because the =
existing logic is not accurate. So users can use different measurements =
instead of these four which mentioned in the document.  For example most =
of time I would like to use `kbps` and `KBps`, (It is my fault, I did =
not follow the document, )

=20

I would like to recommend to make some changes in the document only,=20

=20

Current document

bw    bandwidth | device

           Bandwidth,   measured in [K|M]{bit/s|Byte/s}.

=20

Change to=20

bw    bandwidth | device
           Bandwidth,   support 4 measurements,(Kbit/s, Mbit/s, KByte/s, =
MByte/s) all others are officially not recommended.

=20

With this document, Some mistakes can be prevented . for example this =
one:

>ipfw pipe 1 config bw 1BIT/s

=20

=20