Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:41:54 +0200
From:      Ari Suutari <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xircom realport rem56g problems

Hi,

I'm trying to get Xircom realport ethernet card (+modem) working
on -current (the card works ok on -stable).

When plugging the card in, I get:

xe0: <Xircom CreditCard Ethernet + Modem> at port 0x2e8-0x2ef.....
device_probe_and_attach: xe0 attach returned 19

ie. it returns ENODEV.

After browsing around in /sys/dev/xe/if_xe_pccard.c, I noticed
that there is a table of various cards against which the driver checks th=
inserted card. The matching ID for this kind of card would be 0x6 but
that is not in table, which causes the driver to return ENODEV.

I added an entry with id 0x6 and flags MOHAWK | DINGO
(don't know if this is ok, assumed so from -stable messages)

No luck with this either. Now there is a loop in driver
(line 230 or so) which never reaches XE_CARD_TYPE_FLAGS_DINGO.

"for(i=3D1; i!=3DXE_CARD_TYPE_FLAGS_DINGO; i=3Di<<1) ",
shouldn't this be
for(i=3D1; i!=3D(XE_CARD_TYPE_FLAGS_DINGO<<1); i=3Di<<1)=20

After changing this, I now get error code 12 (ENOMEM)
from xe_activate. There seems to be some kind of a problem
in allocating io port or interrupt.

Any ideas, what could I try next ?

=09Ari S.