Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:50:38 +0100
From:      jan@kneschke.de
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        freefabri@yahoo.it, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: better way to read qmail logs

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 02:29:22PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On 23 Jan, Fabrizio Ravazzini wrote:
> > hello all, is there a way to read qmail logs via web
> > interface or some other graphics interface?
>
> /usr/ports/textproc/modlogan has support for qmail logs. I haven't used
> any mail processor of it (only the weblogs processor), but if there's
> something you miss in the output of it, you can contact the author
> (jane@kneschke.de, CCed), hi's usually very responsive.

s/jane/jan/ :)

modlogan has support for parsing qmail and sendmail logfile and provides the
neccesary reports.

currently it provides the following reports for the mailserver logfiles:

- Mails by Sender
- Mails by Receipient
- Mails by Domain (sender)
- Mails by Domain (receipient)
- Qmail queue usage

and for the virus-scanners qmail-scanner and viruswall we also provide
support the number of affected mail by a virus.

> Alexander.

  Jan

--
mailto: jan@kneschke.de     weigon @ #php.de (IRCnet)