Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:13:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Michael DeMutis <mike@2Gen.net>, FreeBSD-STABLE <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Upgrade Path from 2.2.2

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

>[[ Moving 2.2.2 -> 3.4 stable ]]
>
>I've done this once, and it was a while ago so my memory may be
>flagging.

Hehe, memories.  I first made that RELENG_2_2 transition directly to
HEAD when HEAD was 3.0-CURRENT and I ran the very first iterations of
the SMP code on one of my boxen.  I was still a.out in that version of
3.0 as well.  Later on going to elf on that box was hell.  But to help
Mike, the point of this thread, the instructions for making that
transition IIRC are covered pretty thoroughly in src/UPDATING.  You'll
want to read that thoroughly before you proceed.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
    "...and as for hackers, we note that all of those known to
    The Register are so strapped financially that seizing their