Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:18:17 +0700 (ICT)
From:      pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wd0s1e error message

hi sirs,

first of all, i appreciate all of your efforts passing to me for this
particular subject.

i have just finished taring back and forth between my old hard disk and
this new one luckily since all of data at /home  are not destroyed.
but some of /usr/bin /bin and /var, even /usr/X11r6/bin, can not survive.

my remaining question is that one can use the old hard disk that get error
message such that '... soft error reading fsnb ...' or not.

presently, i reinstall freebsd 4.0 with full capacity to that one. once
the installation finish, booting up, i get just one clue of defect during
the startup. it says

ad0: HARD READ ERROR blk# ... status=59 error=10
         .
         .
         .
vm_fault: pager read error, pid 155 (ldconfig)
pid 155 (ldconfig) uid 0, exited on signal 11 ....

anyway, i install many ports and try to use that hard disk for
experingting purpose.

thanks in advance for any reply. and i real thank you for helping me in
backing my old hard disk very much indeed.

with best regards,
pirat sriyotha