Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 1998 12:03:42 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue (=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCMGY+ZU5JPy4bKEI=?=)  <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com, guido@gvr.org, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, eivind@yes.no, itojun@iijlab.net
Subject:   Re: Can we just come to a decision on IPv6 and IPSec?

> >It's only available for 2.2.7, and therefor Jordan pointed out,
> >that this is a real disadvantage for 3.0, which is the future...
> 	We are doing KAME on 3.0.  Shin (cc'ed) has more to say about this.
> 	Basically, the last item left is TCP integration to IPv6.  There
> 	has been big changes in netinet tree between 2.2.x to 3.0 so we
> 	have to modify from scratch.

Also, we are going to share PCB lists of IPv6 and IPv4 in KAME for 3.0.
(they are separated in KAME 2.2.x)

Followings are finished items in my KAME for 3.0 work.
 -IPSEC
 -basic IPv6 communication (including address auto configuration)
 -system tools (ifconfig, route, netstat, etc)
 -RAW socket over IPv6 socket (and user-land applications using it)
 -UDP socket over IPv6 socket (and some user-land applications using it)

Now I am working on TCP merging. Transport layers are not merged in
KAME for 2.2.x, so it takes time, but I think I can finish it in 2
weeks optimisticly, and in this year at longest.

Yoshinobu Inoue
shin@kame.net