Date:      Tue, 01 Jul 1997 17:10:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Basic rebuilding questions

On 01-Jul-97 Guy Helmer wrote:
>What is the best way to rebuild the binaries and libraries, especially
>after changes to include files in current?  This last week I had to resort
>to "make world" after the changes to a time structure.  "make world" takes
>28 hours on my 386/40, so I tend to avoid it if possible :-)

Well, as one who recently found out the hard way (and rather embarrassingly
as well, but that's another story) that certain shortcuts just don't work,
I'm sticking with "make world" and/or "make update" for now.

But then, my machine's a P166, and it only takes about seven hours or so
(*only*, he says!).  :-)

>BTW, the pace of improvement, especially on ppp, is staggering!

Indeed it is.  I do a cron-based cvsup nightly now, make world before I
leave for work in the morning and it's finished when I get home in the
afternoon.   All of my recent builds have been successful, by the way.  No
problems at all in the make.

--
Conrad Sabatier
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/