Date:      Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:41:09 +0200
From:      admin@prnet.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   zfs clone, nfs and pxeboot

Hi,

I wanted to experiment a bit with pxeboot. Therefore I created a zfs clone
of a jail filesystem. The clone was shared as via nfs. Pxeboot complained
that it can't load the kernel. The pxeboot ls command gave some correct
and some really messed up filenames. I then deleted the clone and copied
the filesystem (in the same zpool) using zfs send ... | zfs receive ... If
I share this new filesystem via nfs, pxeboot doesn't have the messed up
filename problem and everything works as expected. Is there some known
problems with zfs clones and nfs ?

Just for information, this was tested on FreeBSD 8.2 amd64 (not the
machine were I have problems in the other thread)

Thanks in advance,
Bye,
David Arendt