Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 2003 08:57:54 -0700
From:      "Lord Sith" <lordsith49@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ISA SoundCard and FreeBSD 5.0

I have installed FreeBSD 5.0 on the following system and I am having
problems getting sound to work:

Celeron 400/66 processor
Abit BH6 motherboard
256 MB of PC100 SDRAM
Seagate 9 GB HD.
52x CD ROM
Intel 10/100 Pro NIC
SoundBlaster Vibra 16C soundcard.

I have instructed the kernel to load the sbc module. The module loads and it
detects the sound card (sbc0). It also loads the pcm module as well.
However, no pcm device is created (in FreeBSD 5.0 devfs is suppose to make
the device nodes automatically) and when I cat /dev/sndstat it doesn't list
any drivers loaded.

And ideas on what is going wrong?