Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 2021 21:15:32 +0100
From:      Massimiliano Stucchi <max@stucchi.ch>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on RPI Compute Module 3+ 32G

Hi,

I continue this solo thread with some news, as I spoke too soon.

On 25/01/2021 10:43, Massimiliano Stucchi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 04/01/2021 15:03, Massimiliano Stucchi wrote:
>>
>> I have recently received a turingPi and a bunch of compute modules 3+
>> 32G, and I started playing with them.
> <SNIP>
>> However, my modules have a 32G built-in eMMC, and the boot just turns
>> into a series of timeouts related to the MMC.
>
> I'd like to report that with the new 13-ALPHA2 images and the latest
> DTD, the module boots up and works fine.

I was able to boot, to configure everything and run it for a while.  As
long as you don't cut power to the module abruptly, it works.

It has already happened to me twice that, after simply removing the
module from its socket, it enters a state where it is not able to
completely boot anymore.  It stops after probing ue0 and after
recognising the keyboard.  It is not a hang, since if I press
ctrl+alt+canc it does a clean reboot, but it just stops the boot there,
as if it's waiting for something that is not probing.

In a normal boot sequence, after the messages I see there would be ue0
going down, then up, and then I would get the login prompt.

If anyone is willing to have a look, I can setup access to a serial
console connected to the module.

Ciao!
--

Massimiliano Stucchi