Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:46:46 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
To:        Takahashi Yoshihiro <nyan@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gpart (Re: svn commit: r186240 - in head/sys: amd64/conf arm/conf i386/conf mips/conf pc98/conf sparc64/conf sun4v/conf)

On Dec 18, 2008, at 2:41 AM, Takahashi Yoshihiro wrote:

>> 4. It's failed to recognize a big SCSI disk as BSD slice.

Can you elaborate.

>> 5. A (bit strange) FAT slice is recoginized as BSD slice.

This is probably a priority issue between bsd and pc98.
(and thus a priority issue between mbr and pc98). In
particular, g_part_bsd returns G_PART_PROBE_PRI_HIGH.
It looks like g_part_pc98 needs to have the highest
priority. I'll send you a patch for review shortly.

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt@mac.com