Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 09:41:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
Cc:        Samy Touati <lmcsato@lmc.ericsson.se>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UART 16650

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Snob Art Genre wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Samy Touati wrote:
>
> > Snob Art Genre wrote:

> > > The standard "sio" serial port driver does it.

[stuff deleted]

> I'm sorry, I misread the number in your first message as 16550.  Hmm, the
> only difference is a larger buffer, right?

	The 16550(A) is well supported under FreeBSD.  The sio driver
automatically detects it.  The noteworthy feature of the 16550A over the
previous generations is that is has a 16 word fifo.  This reduces the
number of interrupts generated.

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu                ---->>>>| Support your local programmer,
System Administrator                 --->>>| STOP Software Patent Abuses NOW!