Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:40:47 -0500
From:      Scott DF <sdf@expertune.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   failed to generate index

Using FreeBSD 5.2.1, when I try to rebuild the portsdb with

portsdb -Uu, I get the error below.

All worked fine until I cvsup'ed the ports collection last week.  I've
done this for a couple years without problems.

Can you help me get past this?

Scott

 > cat /etc/make.conf
# -- use.perl generated deltas -- #
# Created: Thu Jan 29 09:15:40 2004
# Setting to use base perl from ports:
PERL_VER=5.6.1
PERL_VERSION=5.6.1
PERL_ARCH=mach
NOPERL=yo
NO_PERL=yo
NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo

Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
wait.."/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.autotools.mk", line 2: USE_LIBTOOL deprecated:
replace with USE_LIBTOOL_VER=...
===> arabic/katoob failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  If so, then report
the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with relevant details of
your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version, environment and
/etc/make.conf settings).

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1