Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 08:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/28736: sysctl -a: kernel trap 12.

The following reply was made to PR kern/28736; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
To: Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:12:06 +0200

 Le 2001-07-06, Dima Dorfman écrivait :

 > If you can reproduce the problem, please try the patch below and see
 > if it helps (and you should be able to reproduce it).

 The patch seems to fix the problem, thanks!

 > +	if (softc->dev) {
 > +		disk_destroy(softc->dev);
 > +	}

 I rewrote this as
 	if (softc->disk.d_dev) {
 		disk_destroy(softc->disk.d_dev);
 	}
 as I am using -STABLE. Apparently my guess was correct: the machine
 rebooted correctly, and the sysctl -a went fine.

 Next issue will be: why is the attach failing? I'll try to clarify
 this and submit a separate PR.

 --
     Thomas.Quinot@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG