Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 20:19:00 -0800
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Chembook w/ Chips & Technologies 65548

I recently got a Chembook OHP notebook (got a bargain on an old demo model,
P133, 20MB RAM, 1.3GB HD, Vadem 468 PCMCIA controller, ESS688) and loaded
FreeBSD (2.2.1-R) on it. I was at first discouraged by the garbled video
and locking up during installation, but the PAO page's laptop survey
contained a solution (thank you, terry@venus.sunquest.com). So I got
FreeBSD 2.2.1-R working using the pcvt console.

BUT...I couldn't get my PCMCIA ethernet card to work with the pccard-test
and decided to just jump ahead to 2.2.5-Release w/PAO.

My question: Does 2.2.5-R's sc0 console work with the CT65548? Do I need
some LINT options in the kernel ("SLOW_VGA") ?

Thanks in advance,
--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@bigfoot.com   ICQ UIN: 692441   http://chipweb.home.ml.org
PGP Key & Geek Code available on web page