Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:35:31 -0500
From:      "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@avaya.com>
To:        'Archie Cobbs' <archie@dellroad.org>, Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
Cc:        David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>, Scott Ullrich <sullrich@CRE8.COM>, "'greg.panula@dolaninformation.com'" <greg.panula@dolaninformation.com>, FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: IPsec/gif VPN tunnel packets on wrong NIC in ipfw?

It the packet _always_ placed back on ipintrq?

This thread helped me with a problem I had.  Since moving from
4.6-Stable (cvsup'ed just after 4.6.2-Rel) to 4.-7 a day ago, I found
out that I now need to put ipfw rules in for traffic leaving the IPsec
tunnel (IPsec tunnel mode, not gif + IPIP tunnels for IPsec transport
mode.)

The rules work _except_ in one case.  That being when the end of
the tunnel is also the end of the encapsulated traffic.  Specifically,
when I telnet to the tunnel endpoint itself, and there is an IPsec
SPD entry to match on telnet traffic from any port on the source
machine to port 23 on the tunnel endpoint machine.

If the packet always goes back onto the ip input queue, I can't see
why this traffic doesn't make it while packets routed through the machine
work.

Thanks,
MikeC