Date:      Sat, 1 Dec 2001 20:19:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Jeff Williams <macclad@home.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, michaele@mxim.com
Subject:   Re: Engabling the DHCP client.

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Jeff Williams wrote:

> Um, the DCHP man page on the web is fine, except I'm confused about two
> things:
> 1: How to you EXECUTE dhcpclient? Where do I put the issuance of the
> execution command?

The executable is dhclient
It takes an interface argument (which is good to add), e.g.:

dhclient xl0

> 2: How or where do I locate the dhclient.conf default file?  It is NOT
> currently located in
> my /etc directory now, and I have no clue as to where to find it....

You can just create it in /etc. Just
touch dhclient.conf

If you want to be specfic about anything (an empty file is usually
adequate), man dhclient.conf.

If you want to start dhclient on boot, see the syntax for the two
lines containing dhcp.  The flags for dhcp would be the interface
(xl0 in the above example) you want dhclient to use.

	Annelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC