Date:      Thu, 27 May 2010 10:01:48 -0400
From:      Richard Morse <REMORSE@PARTNERS.ORG>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to get more descriptive errors from auto-mount daemon?

Hi! I'm using the auto-mount daemon to access another server via NFS, and I=
 keep getting error messages in `/var/log/messages`:

	May 27 01:03:26 hedwig amd[9851]: mountd rpc failed: RPC: Can't decode res=
ult
	May 27 01:03:26 hedwig last message repeated 4 times

My searches so far on the web have failed to find anything that seems to ap=
ply. I'm wondering if there is a way that I can make amd or mountd provide =
more information in the logs?

Thanks,
Ricky Morse

[pukku@hedwig ~]$ uname -a
FreeBSD hedwig 8.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 #0: Tue Jan  5 21:11:5=
8 UTC 2010     root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENE=
RIC  amd64

addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-ma=
il
contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLi=
ne at
http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in e=
rror
but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and pro=
perly
dispose of the e-mail.