Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2014 14:39:05 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips@dino.sk>
To:        Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Router Station Pro etherswitchcfg problem

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:28:37 -0300
Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Milan,
>
> I'll look into this. Just give me a couple of days so i can recycle my
> RSPRO setup.
>
> Regards,
> Luiz

I found a workaround (kind of), see below.

> On 13 March 2014 17:53, Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips@dino.sk> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as I recently upgraded my RSPro to current current :) sources, I
> > play a bit with etherswitchcfg. RSPro uses Atheros 8316, and it
> > looks like there is something I do not understand fully or a
> > problem.
> >
> > In man page for etherswitchcfg, there is an example how to set vlan
> > with tagging:
> >
> > etherswitchcfg vlangroup1 vlan 2 members 0,5t port0 pvid 2
> >
> > (I must use 0,2t because there is no port 5, but that' just
> > cosmetics), however the result is not correct:
> >
> > etherswitchcfg vlangroup1 vlan 2 members 0,2t port0 pvid 2
> > vlangroup1:
> >         vlan: 2
> >         members 0,2
> > port0:
> >         pvid: 2
> >         flags=1<CPUPORT>
> >         media: Ethernet 1000baseT <full-duplex>
> >         status: active
> >
> > There is no 't' in vlangroup1 members port 2.
> >
> > What I wanted was 'members 0t,2', but 't' is just seemingly ignored.
> > And, alas, when I tcpdump on arge1 interface, I see no tagged
> > frames.
> >
> > Full switch config is the following:
> >
> > etherswitchcfg -v
> > etherswitch0: Atheros AR8316 Ethernet Switch with 5 ports and 16
> > VLAN groups
> > etherswitch0: VLAN capabilities=16<PORT,DOT1Q,QinQ>
> > etherswitch0: VLAN mode: DOT1Q
> > port0:
> >         pvid: 1
> >         flags=1<CPUPORT>
> >         media: Ethernet 1000baseT <full-duplex>
> >         status: active
> > port1:
> >         pvid: 1
> >         flags=0<>
> >         media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
> >         status: no carrier
> > port2:
> >         pvid: 2
> >         flags=0<>
> >         media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>)
> >         status: no carrier
> > port3:
> >         pvid: 1
> >         flags=0<>
> >         media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
> >         status: no carrier
> > port4:
> >         pvid: 1
> >         flags=0<>
> >         media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
> >         status: active
> > vlangroup0:
> >         vlan: 1
> >         members 0,1,2,3,4
> > vlangroup1:
> >         vlan: 2
> >         members 0,2

[ snip ]

With command 'etherswitchcfg port0 addtag pvid 1', config for port 0
becomes

port0:
	pvid: 1
	flags=5<CPUPORT,ADDTAG>
	media: Ethernet 1000baseT <full-duplex>
	status: active

and _all_ frames sent to CPU have dot1q header. This way I can create
up to 16 vlan groups on etherswitch (and correspondign arge1.n
subinterfaces) to achieve what I usually want, just one thing seems not
to be possible this way - hybrid port with both native (untagged) and
tagged traffic.

In any case, it would be good to have this better documented. I don't
know if we have any place for this. man page is good, but not
everything did work for me.

Milan