Date:      Wed, 02 Aug 2000 20:29:48 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Stefan Schmidt <zaphodb@zaphods.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1-REL bootloader failure

> i recently tried to install an 4.1-REL (2 Floppies) on an dual i386 SCSI

A dual i386 box?  This would be the first time I'd heard of anything
like that.  Is it some homebrew horror?

> HD 1/2 gig RAM over FTP and chose the expert mode or whatever it is called
> again in the Installation-Menu. However everything went just fine, but

Do you have multiple SCSI drives installed?  Did you install to the first
drive or to another drive?  It's impossible to diagnose your problem
without knowing more, and your hardware already sounds weird.

- Jordan