Date:      Fri, 3 May 1996 15:04:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        mmead@Glock.COM (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        juphoff@tarsier.cv.nrao.edu, pmurphy@tarsier.cv.nrao.edu, chat@freebsd.org, alex@bach.cis.temple.edu
Subject:   Re: [Forwarded e-mail from Alexander O. Yuriev]

matthew c. mead wrote:

> Jeff Uphoff writes:
>
> > "mcm" == matthew c mead <mmead@Glock.COM> writes:
>
> > mcm> 	I thought the Linux "mascot" was a damn platypus?  Has it
> > mcm> changed to a penguin?  I suppose it doesn't matter, as both are
> > mcm> [appropriately] quite silly.
>
> > Whereas the little horned fellow wearing sneakers and carrying a cattle
> > prod is serious?
>
> 	He represents something: the daemon process!

	processES.  (soneone correct me here) one of the first uses
	of hte daemon image was at the 10th usenix.  the t-shirts featured
	daemons running over a set of pipes doing all sorts or work.
	(i have never actually *seen* one, but i wish i had one :)
jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--4.4BSD Unix for PC clones, source included. http://www.freebsd.org/