Date:      1 Mar 2000 09:28:32 GMT
From:      news-list.freebsd.current@innominate.de (Thomas Graichen)
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Two queries [ KDE / XFree86 ]

Cliff Rowley <dozprompt@onsea.com> wrote:
> Greetings, I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered the following, and
> what solutions you may have come up with / ideas you may have.

> This may not be a FreeBSD problem, since I am using the latest XFree86
> pre-4.0 snapshot.

> First:

> Almost every time I load a page in Netscape (latest port), I get the
> message:

> "XFree86-BigFont extension: shmat() failed, size = 4096, errno = 24"

with those options the error is gone for me - i think the relevant
one is the SHMALL (the others are for postgres) - i found this out
by simply reading the piece of source of XFree86 which emits this
error and there is written that SHMALL should be at least 48M - so
16k pages = 64M should be fine

options         SHMMAXPGS=4096
options         SHMALL=16384
options         SHMSEG=16