Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:22:45 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.ca>
To:        "Jeff Hamilton" <hjeffrey@hotmail.com>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as VPN server for Win2000 Clients

At 07:12 AM 3/28/00 PST, Jeff Hamilton wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I am interested in setting up FreeBSD to act as a VPN server for remote
>users running Windows 2000 Professional.  I am restricted to using the VPN
>support that is built-in to Win2000, so I can't purchase any addon products.
>  My boss would also much prefer a free solution on the FreeBSD end.
>
>Is this possible to do?  If so, how do I get started?

2 *possible* options... ptpp (aka point 2 point tunneling protocol), or
ipsec.

From the ports collection /usr/ports/net/poptop

1.0 Introduction
1.1 About PoPToP
PoPToP is the PPTP Server solution for Linux. PoPToP allows Linux servers to
function seamlessly in the PPTP VPN environment. This enables administrators
to leverage the considerable benefits of both Microsoft and Linux. The
current pre-release version supports Windows 95/98/NT/2000 PPTP clients and
PPTP Linux clients. PoPToP is free GNU software.

PoPToP Home Page: http://www.moretonbay.com/vpn/pptp.html

But I would try the IPsec route first...

	---Mike