Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:40:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Robert E. Moon" <moonr@mindspring.com>
To:        Kaoutar El Maghraoui <961TA56794@stud.alakhawayn.ma>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems mouting the floppy and cdrom

As root:
# mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt

If this works, but it won't mount for non-priveledged user:
(as root):
# chmod 777 /dev/fd0
# sysctl -w vfs.usermount=1

Make sure the non-priv user owns the directory trying to mount under.
If it works now, chmod 777 on your cdrom as well. If it's ISO9660
(CD9660) fs, should mount w/o the -t argument, since by default it should
be listed in /etc/fstab.

If all this is the solution to your prob and you want it to automatically
enable usermount at each boot:

# echo "sysctl -w vfs.usermount=1" >> /etc/rc.sysctl

Hope that helped. Good luck,
REM